Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Madrid

The big finale to our stay in Spain was a trip to Madrid. We all went - all 12 of us. We arrived late Friday night and stayed Saturday and Sunday. I wondered how touring the city with 8 kids would work, and I realized how great it is to have the older kids with us. They were so good walking with our kids, sitting next to them on the metro, and playing with them at the parks. Having a few extra sets of eyes was very helpful.
Mckenzie and Tyson - the oldest and the youngest

We began Saturday morning at the Madrid Temple. We had hoped to go through a session but the timing didn't quite work out. So we took the kids and walked the temple grounds.

All the kids at Puerta del Sol, the center of the city.

The Royal Palace

Inside a beautiful cathedral

Sunday we took a stroll through the Parque del Retiro. We watched a puppet show and saw a regatta on the lake.

We also took in the arts and saw a little Picasso...

and some Salvador Dali at the Museo Reina Sofia. We also went to the Prado Museum, but they don't allow any photography there.

The whole gang!

Thanks for letting us visit, Brent and Kirsten. We had a great time!

2 comments:

foxontherun said...

Great pics. I loved reading your commentary. We hope you had fun with us. I know we did. Thanks for coming.

Carrie said...

Super Jealous!