
Ethan had his kindergarten graduation on Wednesday. It's always so cute to see little kids wearing graduation hats. I was surprised Ethan was wearing his the whole time. Usually he doesn't like wearing hats, especially homemade ones. All the parents settled in with the kids and Mrs. Grant said a few words and then handed out diplomas. After diplomas we had cake and apple juice (the kids called it "punch" - I guess they wanted to sound grown up since they had just graduated!). Each child also
received a memory book. I helped with a few of the pages so I got to see the final book before that day. They turned out so cute and have great pictures of highlights during the school year. Allison also has a memory book from kindergarten and I love having those pictures since I don't get to be in the classroom all the time and go on all the field trips and see everything going on. Ethan is so excited to go to first grade. I can't believe we are already to this point. I will miss having him home with me for part of the day. I think he will enjoy being in school all day, although waking up early may be a challenge. Actually,
waking up early isn't the challenge.
Getting ready early in the morning is.

Ethan receiving his diploma from Mrs. Grant.

Ethan and his teacher Mrs. Grant.
Sadly, Mrs. Grant will be teaching at the new elementary school opening this fall. We will miss seeing her around the halls of Archer Glen. She always had the nicest things to say about Ethan.
Ethan's last day of school was the next day, Thursday. After school, Ethan was talking to Earl on phone and said, "Dad, today was my last day of kindergarten. Isn't that wild?" Wild? Where did that come from?! What a cute kid!
No comments:
Post a Comment