The second Saturday in June is Sherwood's annual car show-Cruisin' Sherwood. Access to Old Town is blocked off and the streets are full of fancy cars. I don't know much about cars, so I've never been interested in going. However, I saw that this year there was going to be a Nascar car at the show! Being that we have Nascar fans in the family we had to go check it out. The 99 car from the Nationwide series was there. Some representatives from the team were there and the kids got to spin a prize wheel. Ethan was hoping for a diecast 99 car, but ended up with the 99 keychain instead. We had a full Saturday schedule, so we didn't stay very long but I think the kids enjoyed the quick cruisin'.


Tyson and Ethan showing off their keychains. Allison is chewing on her candy prize.

Unfortunately, Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson weren't there so we had to settle for the next best thing-cardboard cutouts of Michael Waltrip and some other guy! If Earl were here right now he could tell me his name...

This was the kids' favorite car of the show. It was definitely the brightest colored one! Look at Tyson twirling that keychain! Once we got those prizes I knew we had to leave. I was worried Tyson was going to take out the window of a classic car with that thing!
1 comment:
Carson would have been in heaven with all those cars, he is obsessed with any thing cars! Jon got some tickets to see some cars race at the Raceway tomorrow, but Carson doesn't know we are going! I hope he likes it, since we have tickets to do it again in August!
Post a Comment