Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Button...Last Game

Growing up we had a cork board by our back door where my mom pinned all the sports buttons from baseball, basketball and soccer. You know, the cute picture of you wearing your uniform posing with the ball made into a button that mom gets to wear to all the games? And yes I remember my mom wearing her buttons to our games. Well, with 6 kids in my family playing sports we had quite the button collection (mostly from my 3 brothers, but I had a couple). So I was excited to learn everyone ordering T-ball pictures this season would get a button with their order. Our first button. I was going to be the proud mom sporting Ethan's T-ball button on my shirt all season. But I guess I didn't realize how long it would take to get the button. Last Tuesday we received our picture orders just in time for the final game last Thursday. So I wore Ethan's button for 1 game. I guess this button is really for next season while I'm waiting for my second button! I'm just not sure where to store it. We don't have a cork board by our back door!
Ethan receiving his trophy from Coach Travis

Ethan with his buddy Spencer

Bjorn, Jake, Spencer and Ethan - just part of the Bulldogs team!

Ethan had a great time in T-ball this season. I guess I could call it baseball because the coaches pitched most of the games. After the last game on Thursday, we had pizza and cake to celebrate. All the kids received trophies and the coach's wife even made up goody bags for the boys. What a great end to the season!

3 comments:

Laci said...

Oh those buttons. Have to say that I've never seen a kid with as many button as Brian brought with him into our marriage. Seriously, your mom must have weighed 10 lbs more each time she had to wear those to games! Love them, but I don't think we'll come close to collecting as many as you McCune's did :) Glad Ethan made you an official button mama!!

DavidandMariAnn said...

I can clearly see the board those buttons hung on but I have to admit the buttons I remember the most are the ones with Jared's blond fro!!

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hi Jen,

I am excited I found your blog from Kirsten's. Now I have another place to spend my time. :-) I think your family is so darn cute! We need to hang out more. I, too, loved the Tball button. I think I will make my own cork board. Also, I read your triathlon post from last year. I have pics for you.

Kelly