Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

Doesn't this look yummy! We didn't serve Earl breakfast in bed, it was even better- breakfast as a family for Father's Day. I was thinking while we were eating breakfast this morning that I couldn't remember the last time we ate breakfast together. Saturdays and Sundays are the only days it would be possible, but Saturdays Earl is usually running and Sundays Earl sleeps in and the kids are hungry before he comes downstairs. So it was a really nice morning having breakfast together.

The rest of the day was fairly normal. Church, dinner and home teachers. I told Earl we could have the home teachers come next week since this week was Father's Day. These are his words, "Really every Sunday is Father's day except Mother's Day, so no big deal if the home teachers come." He said it, not me! I guess that should be a compliment, meaning I spoil him every Sunday. Why isn't every Sunday Mother's Day except Father's Day?

The kids were excited to give Earl his present-Nascar Cart racing for the Wii. They tried it out before church. We're lucky we made it to sacrament meeting! Happy Father's Day, Earl. Thanks for being a great dad for Allison, Ethan and Tyson. They love you so much!

Tyson insisted on taking a picture of his breakfast, too!

No comments: