Saturday, December 20, 2008

An Extra Week of Winter Break






This past Sunday morning we woke up thinking there would be snow on the ground, but there wasn't any. That quickly changed. Within a few hours we had several inches of snow and church was cancelled. It's been snowing every since. Each day this week school has been cancelled thus giving our kids an extra week of winter break. Even as I am writing this post, snow is coming down and has been for the last 4-5 hours. Our kids have been loving it. We made snowmen, had snowball fights and went sledding. We are also drinking lots of hot cocoa! I don't like driving in the snow/ice, so we've been housebound for most of the week. It's nice to have no where to go and stay home and relax. I'm just glad my Christmas shopping is done!

3 comments:

DavidandMariAnn said...

It's been snowing quite a bit here in Utah which I am grateful for! Christmas just isn't the same unless it's WHITE!

Vegasarnolds said...

Our kids are jealous, they want to play in the snow! I'm with you though, I hate driving in the snow!

Maike said...

Good job on the Christmas shopping. I guess I should have heeded the warnings and prepared, but alas I am not prepared...I will have to venture out and get some more presents.