Our friends are living in Spain for a year with their kids. They left in June and invited us to visit them. We decided to take them up on their offer and take a trip to Spain. Earl and I are not really this adventurous, but I mean, how often will we have the chance to tour Europe with friends? We booked airline tickets about a month ago, and our passports arrived in the mail last week. So it's official! We're going to Spain! We leave in October. I have never travelled out of the country. Well, I guess that's not entirely true - my family took a Caribbean cruise when I was 15, but I didn't need a passport and we stayed on a boat, not in another country. Growing up in California I never even hopped the border into Mexico. So I'm really excited about this trip. Before we even planned this trip, our kids had been asking when they would get to take an airplane ride. The last time we flew somewhere, Allison was not quite 3 years old and Ethan was about 14 months. Tyson has never been on an airplane. I'm not sure they were wanting an 18 hour flight, but that is what they are getting. Hopefully, we won't regret taking them with us! So, I really know nothing about Spain or what there is to see. Anyone else been to Valencia? Barcelona? Madrid?
9 comments:
How cool! That is going to be some trip, definitely one to remember.
I went to Madrid for about 5 days when I lived in London during my college years. I really can't remember too much of the trip except that they serve beer at McDonalds, slurpees are not offered at the local 7eleven and the bull fight I went to was a very bloody affair.
Have fun!
We can't wait. We need to talk and plan the things that you want to see so we can make a schedule. We are very excited and we have a growing list of items we want you to bring.
WOW!!! Have so much fun! Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures!
That is so awesome! I was surprised when Allison emailed Madelyn about it, but it sounds like a lot of fun! You are turning into quite the travelers! How long will you be over there?
That is really exciting!! Can't wait to hear the fun stories when you get back & see the great pictures. I'm sure it will be an adventure to remember for a long time for everyone.
Can't say I know a thing about Spain, but I can imagine you will have a GREAT time!! What a fun trip! And, I don't think you'll regret taking the kids for one minute. I think kids make trips even better.....they will remember it forever!!! Have sooooo much fun! Let loose and come home with some great stories! :)
That is soooo exciting! Oh my gosh! Have fun guys
Aunt Judy here... I spent about 4 days in Barcelona when I was 21. Myself and another girlfriend were backpacking thru Europe for a month and this was one of our stops. We slept on the Urail to save money and were pretty tired and dirty when we got to Spain. There are so many things to see there. Enjoy!! and Send pictures...
Holy cow! This is what I miss when I'm in the middle of moving and all that fun stuff. Never been. But what a great trip. Your kids will remember the trip for a very long time. How could you go to Spain and see friends and not take the kids. They will be great and have a blast. Can't wait to see all the pictures. Tell the kids to have a blast.
Post a Comment