When Allison and Ethan had their dental checkups before school last month, I realized Tyson was old enough to start seeing the dentist. One of the hygienists suggested scheduling him for a "Happy Visit" for his first time. So when the older two went back to school last week, Tyson and I went to the dentist. My dad is (or was, he's retired) a dentist. Growing up I remember going to his office all the time and knowing everyone who worked there. It was never a scary place or one I was nervous to go to. Even though my kids won't have my dad for a dentist, I want them to feel comfortable going to the dentist like I did when I was their age. Since moving to Oregon we've found a dentist office that feels about as close to family as you can get. This is the dental office that Earl runs the Hood to Coast relay with and so both dentists and a lot of the hygienists know Earl and by extension our family. Allison and Ethan actually like going to the dentist and seeing their hygienist "friends". So last week was Tyson's turn. I told him the dentist would want to look in his mouth and count his teeth and that he would need to sit still. I wasn't sure how this would go, but Tyson did great. As soon as the dentist came in, Tyson immediately opened his mouth and sat with it open the entire time. I wish I had brought my camera. He just laid back in the chair with his sunglasses on and his mouth open. Even the hygienist was laughing that Tyson didn't want to close his mouth. I guess I should be glad that Tyson followed my instructions so well!
No comments:
Post a Comment