Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to School!

Our kids started school the day after Labor Day. As much as I loved having them home, our summer was getting a little long. They were ready to start school and have more of a schedule. Although the early schedule is not what they wanted. I don't understand how Ethan can be up at 7 o'clock on the dot everyday during the summer, but I have to wake him up for the first day of school! How does his body know the difference between watching cartoons and getting ready for school? This puzzles me at the start of each school year. I will say Allison and Ethan have been very pleasant in the morning, even though I'm waking them up. They are excited for school and being in classes with their friends.
Allison is in 3rd grade. Apparently, she's too old to wear bows or barrettes in her hair. I'm sad she's growing up so fast.

Ethan is in first grade and loves being in school all day. I think it's because there's lunch and an extra recess! This year I was a little sad when he left for school. I will miss having lunch with him and seeing him play with Tyson during the day.

Tyson really wanted his picture taken too. Love the jammies and bed hair!

4 comments:

Vegasarnolds said...

It's about time school started for you! I don't know how you stay sane having them home all summer! Maybe it's a good thing we aren't on a traditional school year schedule!
They look so grown up! It must be a real change to only have Tyson at home! I went to the store while Aubrey was at preschool and it was weird not having someone asking for everything in the store (and then having a fit when I say no!)!
I love Tyson's bed head too!

Steven & Adrienne said...

I hope my daughter never outgrows the big bows and stuff! She is in second grade and is still loving them so I will cross my fingers. Cute pics of the kids, I love the one with all of them with Tyson...his hair is awesome!!

Kari said...

I always love Tyson's bed hair! Alison's shcool outfit is tooooo cute!

Kari said...

oops sorry I can never remember is there are 2 "L's" or just one!
And Ethan looks very handsome in his back to school out fit as well