Monday, July 6, 2009

The Beach

Earl gets Friday off for the 4th of July, but he decided to take a vacation day on Thursday and enjoy a nice long weekend. We decided to go to the beach at Lincoln City. It was a beautiful day. We played on the beach for a few hours before heading to our hotel to swim in the pool. The wind picked up a little by the end of our time on the beach, but it was as nice a day on the Oregon coast as I've seen. Earl and I were talking about how Oregon beaches are different from California beaches. No one really has a golden tan in Oregon. I only saw a couple beach umbrellas, one of which was blowing away. And no one is actually in the water. Sure some kids will play on the shore, but there aren't any surfers or boogie boarders. The water is just so cold. Going to the beach is just different here. But our kids enjoyed playing in the sand and one even ventured into the water.




Here is our adventurous boy. Ethan loved jumping and splashing in the water. I don't know how he stayed in it for so long. In just the few seconds it took to fill a sand bucket with water, my feet were already numb. The rest of us were much more comfortable in the hotel pool and jacuzzi! We had a great time and we realized our hotel was right across the street from the beach. Next time we go we can just walk! We were so glad we decided to go to the beach on Thursday. When we left Friday morning (after getting salt water taffy!) our car was one of the few heading away from the coast. The line of traffic for the beach on Friday was a long one! I was so glad we weren't stuck in it!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Ah, the beach! Nice whether it's warm or not (but of course, better warm). Sounds like a fun little vacation!

morag said...

Hi, Since I don't have an email address right now, I thought I would send you a message on your blog. It looks like we have some future Olympic runners--great job! I imagine your summer vacation is starting to come to an end. We hope this summer has been the best ever for you. You certainly have had a busy one. We have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing all your pictures. Thanks for doing this.
Love, Papa and Grandm