My kids keep tabs on the weather and have seen that many of their cousins have been "enjoying" 100+ degree weather this summer. Ethan or Allison actually said they wished we could get to 100 too, as if it was a perfect score or something. Unfortunately, their wish came true. We are in the middle of a record heat wave! Monday 104, Tuesday 106 and today forecasters predicted 107! Tomorrow should also be over 100 which makes this the longest heat wave in 3 decades! Lucky us to be a part of history. I don't know how our family and friends survive in the desert climate with these kind of temperatures all summer. Our power has been down twice in the last two days which led to some nice conversations with the kids about what things are powered by electricity. Our air conditioner struggles to keep up with increasing temps, which has given me a little lesson in gratitude that I didn't live in pioneer times. On the bright side the kids had swim lessons this week so I guess I timed that perfectly. A swim everyday has helped pass some hot afternoon time. Friday should be the beginning of a cool down. Who knew 99 degrees would sound so nice?!
1 comment:
Wow! I saw that they were having record heat in your area, but that's how hot it is here! Sorry to hear that your A/C isn't keeping up with the temp! Hopefully you cool down soon!
Post a Comment