Thursday, July 23, 2009

Our Little Piece of the Forest

While the big boys were gone fishin', Allison, Tyson and I went to the Robin Hood Festival parade. It's always a kid favorite mainly because people in the parade throw candy to the spectators. It was hotter than I planned so I was using my hands more to shield my face from the sun than taking pictures. However, I did manage to capture a few favorites from the Sherwood Forest.
Friar Tuck led things off at the beginning of the parade. Little John (another fire truck) was at the end of the parade, but I was done taking pictures at that point.
The beautiful Maid Marian and her court made an appearance. I'm sure if we had gone to the archery event we would have caught a glimpse of Robin Hood himself!

This was my view for most of the parade. Lots of kids standing in the road waving at cars and waiting for candy. Allison and Tyson managed to grab enough candy to share with Ethan. Can't wait for next year....

2 comments:

Bec said...

You're a good mom. I'm glad the kiddo's had fun!

Vegasarnolds said...

I don't know if I would have done the parade by myself, even if I only took 2 of my kids! What, RObin Hood too good for the parade? Looks like you guys are enjoying your summer!