I use bribes when I potty train my kids. With Allison and Ethan it was stickers. With Tyson I decided to use fruit snacks. Tyson was so obsessed with fruit snacks I had to stop buying them, so I thought using them only for a reward would entice him to potty train. Tyson was by far the easiest of my three kids to potty train. In about a week he was telling me when he needed to go and he was staying dry through the night. I didn't even worry about accidents when taking him out to the store. I thought this is great. All done. However, he still wants fruit snacks when he goes potty now almost three weeks later. I told Earl last week Tyson will probably still be asking for fruit snacks after going potty when he's 4 or 5 years old! I guess it's my mistake for using a bribe Tyson liked too much (I would also recommend not using an edible bribe!). And by the way, who's bright idea was it to call them "fruit" snacks? When I tell my kids they need to eat a piece of fruit, they say they want "fruit" snacks. I'm sorry, but that doesn't count! I think it's time to make my house a fruit snacks-free zone.
3 comments:
I agree, Jen. Those fruit snacks are just CANDY. You'll have to try to give him something else for going to the bathroom.... like 5 minutes of blowing bubbles.. lol. Still.. Great job, Tyson!
I totally agree!!! It's always the first thing our kids go for when I ask, "Who wants a snack?"
Ah, maybe he'll outgrow it. What's the deal with fruit snacks though? Benny is obsessed with them. They're ok, but really not that great
Post a Comment