Last week was a busy week of parties, and all of them were for Ethan. We had his birthday party with some friends, Ethan had an end of season soccer party, and we celebrated Ethan's birthday with our family.
It was Ethan's year for a friend birthday party. The thought of 7 or 8 boys running around my house was not very appealing. I was 99% sure it would rain the day of the party so that means no outside options. So we decided to go to Oregon's largest indoor jungle gym - Safari Sam's. What more do boys want then to climb all over stuff, eat pizza, and play video games? Perfect.


I had trouble getting at the right angles for pictures. Here is Allison in the huge jungle gym.

The jungle gym is big enough for big kids like Dads. Earl followed Tyson around, trying to chase the birthday boy. I couldn't get my camera ready fast enough to catch pictures of Ethan and his friends. We had the party on a Tuesday night, so the place was pretty empty. The boys ran around like crazy. It was a good thing the next day was a holiday so they didn't have to wake up early for school.

The boys. I didn't do a good job of getting all the boys in the picture. I didn't even get any pictures of the present opening. It was a little crazy keeping up with everything going on. A couple of Ethan's buddies were sick the day of the party, so we had a slightly smaller group than planned and I still had trouble keeping up. Boys have a lot of energy!


The video games were a big hit. Each boy had 40 tokens to use to play games and earn tickets to take to the prize counter. Almost all the boys wanted to get fake moustache kits with their tickets. And it was hard to leave. We ended up staying almost an hour later than we planned. What a night!
2 comments:
Jake was so sad to miss Ethan's party. I hope he had a great birthday!
I need to find a good indoor gym type thing like that! Rainy days are sooo hard, and it doesn't seem like there's too much indoor stuff since the weather is always supposedly nice
Post a Comment