Monday, November 16, 2009

End of Soccer

Ethan had a great year of soccer. It was his first season playing and he learned a lot and scored a few goals. I think he lucked out and got two great coaches. And his team was made up of kids from his school so he made lots of new friends that he gets to see everyday. The coaches spoiled the kids with a great party including pizza, cake, a soccer pinata, a cd of pictures and trophies. Unfortunately, my camera battery died after the pinata pictures so I missed taking pictures of Ethan with the coaches. Oh well. I can only hope next year will go so well. Allison season ended a little differently. She was sick the day of the end of season soccer tournament. However, there was a downpouring of rain and a little thunder so I think the whole thing was canceled anyway. Her team party was held on a Sunday during church so we didn't go. And she has yet to receive her medal from her coach. Despite ending on a down note, I think Allison enjoyed the season. She also had lots of friends from school on her team which always adds to the fun. We'll see if she decides to play again next year. I'm definitely ready for a break. All those practices and games had our family calendar extra full.

No comments: