I hate when my kids are sick. It stresses me out to try to make the best decisions for their health at the time they need it the most. It probably doesn't help that my kids don't get sick at the same time. One is sick, a few days later another goes down, then a day or two after that the last one falls. This can drag the drama on for weeks. We were sick all last week and through the weekend. I figured we were finally out of the contagious part earlier this week despite the lingering coughs (oh how I hate coughs, but that's another story). Then Ethan woke up this morning complaining of a sore throat and not getting out of bed. This is not like him. He is my little alarm clock, up and out of bed at 7 o'clock sharp. My first thought was "Oh no! Don't start this over again!" I take him to the doctor to find out he is perfectly fine. A little cough, but well enough for school. I have a nice conversation with my pediatrician explaining our kids are drinking more water and going to bed earlier than they ever have. She can probably tell I'm tired and drained from all the flu drama. She tells me that I'm doing something right and I should be glad my kids aren't in the hospital. She's right. My kids don't have life threatening illnesses and I'm just annoyed to have my normal life interrupted. I need to stop complaining. If a little flu bug and a lingering cough is the worst life has to throw at us right now, I'll take it.
2 comments:
All I can say is you better be well by Sunday. I cannot handle another Sunday without you there! :) Chelsea really misses you! Hope you get better soon!
It's so true. Colds and coughs are annoying, but right now we have very close friends with a very sick little girl. Brian admitted her into the hosp last week and she was shipped to Primary Children's on Tuesday with bacterial pneumonia. She has a chest tube, ng feeding tube, on morphine.....she is soooo sick. I guess we should just welcome the little colds. This has been a reality check for us for sure!!
Post a Comment