Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Little Runners

Earl loves to run. I think one of his goals in life is to help his kids develop a love of running (he's tried to get me to love running but that hasn't worked out so well). So we're starting when they're young. Our kids ran in the Wilsonville Fun Run a few weeks ago. Even Tyson ran in the PreK group. It was a Saturday morning. Earl went running with his running group and came home just in time to hop in the car for the fun run. He ran with each of our kids and with some other people's kids too. Later this month we will all participate in a family triathlon and Earl will also run Hood to Coast. Soccer season is coming up so Earl is conditioning the kids by running/playing on the soccer fields. Did I say Earl loves to run? He's doing his best to turn our kids into little runners.

Allison waiting with the 3rd grade group. Her age group was first and she ran 600 meters.

Ethan (white shirt and hat) doing warm ups with the first graders. He ran 400 meters.

Allison and Earl -you can even see he's holding his stopwatch. He timed all our kids. I think he forgot it was a "fun" run.

Ethan was so fast I missed getting his picture. That's him with his fast "kick" to the finish line.

I had trouble with Tyson's picture. This was my fourth try and I still cut off his head. This dad with his son kept blocking my view. But look close and you can see the smile on Tyson's face. He loves running. He ran 200 meters and was very proud of himself.

Tyson with his t-shirt, medal, cup of water, and a face painting-what a great day! But what do I do with all their medals? We'll just get more (medals/trophies) each year with each event or sport! Where do you put all that stuff?!

1 comment:

Jill said...

How fun, Great job A, E & T!!! I definitely didn't get the runner's blood in the family. Maybe Earl will have to build a trophy case for all those awards. I will also need the soccer schedule once you get it so I can make some games.