Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gone Fishin'

I wasn't going to post about this fishing trip, but I saw Jill had some pictures that Maike had taken and I couldn't resist copying them. So thanks Maike for taking great pictures and Jill for posting them. Plus, I want Ethan to remember his first backpacking adventure. Last weekend Ethan and Earl went backpacking/camping/fishing with Grandpa Pierce, Uncle Spencer, Aunt Maike, and cousins Phillip, Talitha and Wade. They hiked a couple miles into Marion Lake so that meant carrying all their gear (which is partly why I didn't make Earl take a camera--he had enough to carry). Fortunately, they all made it without any injuries. They spent two days camping and fishing and playing in the water. Ethan had a great time. He loves hanging out with his boy cousins.

Earl and Ethan on the hike into the lake. The terrain looks rugged and Earl's pack looks heavy!

Ethan taking a rest!

For some reason, this pictures cracks me up! Ethan is only six years old, not even in cub scouts yet, and he looks like a boy scout.

Earl and Ethan are fishing in the far raft. Grandpa and Wade are in the closer raft.

Ethan and Wade

Ethan, Wade and Earl. I think Earl is wearing a white shirt. Why would you take a white shirt camping? I had a lot of dirty laundry to do when they got home.

A little monkey in a tree
I forgot to add together Ethan and Earl caught 11 fish! Nice job guys!

2 comments:

Vegasarnolds said...

Looks like fun! Did they catch any fish? Our kids have never been fishing, but I don't think they would do well with it. They are too loud and would scare the fish away!

Bec said...

Oh, it DOES look like fun! Good for Earl taking him camping! Seriously.. those memories will be some of his best!