This past Saturday we were all up bright and early to support Earl in his first triathlon. It was a sprint triathlon at Hagg Lake and Earl did great. He finished the 1/2 mile swim, 13 mile bike, and 5k run in 1hour 34 minutes. The best part was he trained and competed with a bunch of guys from our ward. Of the seven guys, five had their families there to cheer them on, so the kids and I had fun being with friends. Earl now has the triathlon bug and wants to sign up for more races. Here are some pictures of the race.

The guys - Cory, Earl, Cade, Travis, Aaron, Eric, and Mike

Earl finishing the swim. Yes, that's him with pink on his wetsuit!

He still had lots of energy to run up to the bike transition

The end of the bike course

The home stretch! You can see Allison and Tyson cheering him on.

Tyson with his girlfriends. Don't you love his morning hairdo! The other families with us are dominated with girls. Even with four families with us, there were only 3 other boys with Tyson and Ethan (versus 12 girls!)
4 comments:
Looks like fun, watching not participating! Good Job Earl! Sounds like he did better than he thought he would when I talked to him! Looks nice and cool up there! Wish we were up there and not melting here in Vegas!
Great job Brother!! You make your Big Sister so proud!! Love ya!!
Way to go Earl! Brian and I are proud of Earl's pink! All men should wear pink so well! Bet it was fun!
That was fun! I didn't know you had a blog! I am adding you to my list! Can't wait to see more of the Pierce family! :)
Candice
Post a Comment