Monday, March 2, 2009

Allison's Baptism

Allison was baptized and confirmed by her father on Saturday, February 28, 2009. This was a very exciting day for our family as Allison is our oldest child and our first to be baptized. Two other girls from our ward were also baptized. It was fun to share this day with these girls. I'm not sure how we missed getting the 3 girls together for a picture! Most of Earl's family lives near us so they joined us for the occasion as well as my parents and two of my sisters who flew in to surprise me. We also had several friends and church teachers come to support Allison.

We split the program assignments between the 3 families. Allison asked Grandma McCune to give the talk on the Holy Ghost and Allison picked the song "I Lived in Heaven" for the closing song. There was a bit of chaos at the Stake Center when we arrived. Apparently there was a Scout Merit badge Pow Wow being held in the Relief Society room (and other areas of the church) that the scheduler had failed to mention to our member of the Primary Presidency scheduling the building (This came after the time for the baptism was changed less than a week before the baptism). We ended up going to the chapel first, then going to the RS room for the baptisms, then back to the chapel for the confirmations. All in all it was a great day and a lot less stressful than I thought it would be.

We are so proud of Allison for her decision to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. We love you Allison and hope you remember this day for years to come.

Allison and Earl before the baptism. Allison kept saying the jumpsuit was too big, but it was the smallest they had.

Not the best picture of our family, but at least we are all together. We weren't sure about what to do with Tyson since he was sick. Luckily, he was pretty happy sitting with Aunt Jill most of the day.


I'm not sure why this picture is so far away, but this is the only family shot I had on my camera.

My sisters Kim and Julianne with Allison. Somehow they weren't in the family photo so I took a closeup of them with Allison. Thank you Jon and Andy for taking over at home so your wives could be with us. It was a nice surprise to have them here. Next time the whole family will have to come play!

5 comments:

Laci said...

What a fun day!! We LOVED Allison's announcement picture. So adorable! We are proud of you Allison and can't wait to see you again!

Vegasarnolds said...

Sorry we weren't in the group picture, we were getting Allison's things from the spotlight table before the other ward came in. I am so happy that I could come for this special day in Allison's life! It was so fun to play with the kids and watch Tyson as he hums Old McDonald! They are all so cute and growing up so fast! Love you guys!

DavidandMariAnn said...

Way to go Allison!! Looks and sounds like it was a great day.

Anonymous said...

Super cute! I can not believe she is 8! Wow! She is so cute! That is neat Kim and Julie came up! How fun!Congratulations to Allison! :)

Kari said...

That is an absolutely gorgeous picture of your sweet girl.
Congratulations Allison on your special day!