This past month I have been thinking a lot about how grateful I am to have healthy kids. I was thinking we had almost made it through the fall/winter without any of us getting sick. And spring is only a couple weeks away! My reason for thinking about this goes back to our last fall/winter (2007/2008) when all five of us were sick several times including our kids being sick most of Christmas break. Being sick and having sick kids is no fun, so when I hear friends or family with sick kids I'm just grateful mine are healthy. Well, the healthy streak ended this past week. Tyson started throwing up last Wednesday. We think our little guy has the weakest stomach of all of us because when sickness goes through our family Tyson seems to go through two rounds. Of course the sickness came at the worst time because Allison's baptism was the coming weekend and my parents were coming to stay with us. I tried to look on the bright side and thought getting sick Wednesday meant Tyson should be well by the Saturday baptism. Four days seemed like plenty of time to recover. Unfortunately, I was wrong. Tyson has been sick all weekend and even today I'm not sure if he is fully over it. It's been almost 24 hours since he's last thrown up and I'm hoping he'll be able to make it through the night. I just hope my other 2 kids don't come down with the same stomach bug.
1 comment:
I am happy to hear that Tyson is getting over this nasty bug (fingers are still crossed that he will make it through the night)!
Post a Comment