Friday, October 31, 2008

Trick or Treat!!







This Halloween seems different than previous years. My kids haven't been as excited about costumes and stuff like last year. I also haven't been in a Halloween mood either. Maybe it's because Earl and I were out of town the week before. I don't know. Anyway, Allison was the only one who had an opinion about what her costume would be. Ethan didn't care and Tyson is still too young to care. So Allison wanted to be Little Red Riding Hood. Ethan wore his Superman costume from last year and Tyson was Spiderman (a hand-me down from Ethan). Ethan got to wear his costume to school for his party, but he didn't really want to so I had to really encourage him to put it on. Allison took her costume to school and changed into it when her class had there party. I split time between their parties since the times overlapped and they both seemed to have a good time. Luckily, Ethan was more in the Halloween spirit when he arrived at school and saw his classmates dressed up.

We were a little behind in carving pumpkins. We picked pumpkins last Saturday but didn't get them carved before Earl left on a business trip. So we carved pumpkins quickly after dinner before going trick or treating. I love the carving kits that have stencils for the pictures. I carved a ghost that looked pretty good, if I do say so myself. We met up with friends from across the street and went trick or treating together. Ethan was definitely more excited about putting his costume on when he knew he was getting candy! Our street is a cul-de-sac on each end of the street and it's perfect for trick or treating. It took us just over an hour to cover the street and our kids had full buckets of candy by the end! Hopefully we will survive the sugar rush tomorrow! Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Vegasarnolds said...

I have given up on carving pumpkins for Halloween! Usually we end up trying to carve them as fast as we can before we head out to trick or treat, but this year I didn't even do that! Our pumpkins are still sitting on our porch uncarved!

Bec said...

Hi Jen!

I just have to say, when I see the pictures of your little girl, I see YOU. All those memories of little girlie Jen come flyin' back! Cute kids! Hope it's ok I've added you! Love, Rebecca