Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hawaii 2008








Earl and I just spent a relaxing week in Kauai! His parents own a timeshare there and they offered to let us use their week. Thanks Bob and Deanna! It was a 2 bedroom unit so we shared it with Earl's brother Spencer and his wife Maike. It was so nice to have a break from kids, work, and cold Oregon weather! My parents came and stayed with our kids for the week. The kids were so excited to see Grandma and Papa and it's so nice to be able to leave and not have any worries about how the kids will do in our absence. Thanks Dad and Morag! We went snorkeling a couple times right on the beach outside the hotel. A great spot with lots of fish. On Friday a large sea turtle even washed up on the beach to take a rest! We also drove up Waimea Canyon to see great views of the canyon and the Napali coast. Finally, we went on a kayak tour and hiked out to a "secret" waterfall. It didn't seem so secret to me when all the tours and other kayakers were right there with us! It was beautiful though. We had great weather- mid-80s- so it wasn't too hot. And the rain we had was mostly at night. The rest of the time we laid by the pool and caught up on some reading. I almost felt like I had nothing to do which is kind of nice every once in a while! It was a great trip, but now back to the daily grind!

2 comments:

DavidandMariAnn said...

I'm jealous! I would LOVE a week away from kids and stuff! =) Glad you had a great time.

Laci said...

Glad you two had a great trip! I'm still such a wimp about leaving the girls. What's wrong with me!!? (don't answer) haha Maybe someday we'll just take off......