Two weeks ago we spent a week at the beach. It's weird saying we went to the beach when we spent very little time on the beach. I am still adjusting to Oregon beaches, as they are very different from the California beaches I grew up around. The two times we went to the shore I thought we'd be warm enough in shirts and shorts. But no. Both times I needed to go back up to our hotel room to grab jackets or sweatshirts. Maybe that's why we spent more time by the heated pool than the windy ocean. Oh well. I guess my kids won't grow up being big beach goers. We had a great time swimming everyday and walking around Seaside. We took day trips to Astoria and Tillamook. We bought way too much salt water taffy and rode the Tilt-A-Whirl. Thank goodness we rode the ride before eating the candy! Earl is training for a marathon so he had to get some runs in. He found a good trail to take the kids on a hike. We found an enormous fallen tree. We played lots of Yahtzee and Uno and the kids enjoyed watching the Disney channel. It was a very relaxing week. Perfect for the middle of summer!
I realized on this trip that I am not a photographer. I took pictures in Astoria and on our hike. That's it. No pictures on the beach. No pictures swimming in the pool. I just don't think about taking pictures as much as I would like to. And I really wish I had a picture of Tyson wearing his floaties and swim goggles while holding his diving sticks. Maybe I'll just dress him up for swimming in our living room and take a picture. He is just so cute.

Our hike to the fallen tree. It was huge!
1 comment:
he he I am like you. I am not very good with the pictures and I know one day my kids will hate me for it.
Glad you guys had fun! That sure was one big tree
Post a Comment