Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Summer's Berry Best

My berry pickers. . .



One of the things I love most about Oregon summers is berry picking. We already picked strawberries and raspberries earlier this month. We overdid it a little with the strawberries. I think I made twice as much freezer jam as last year. Needless to say our freezer is packed with a 10 year supply of jam. Okay, maybe not that much but I was making jam for hours! We also enjoyed waffles with homemade raspberry syrup. Yum! Now it is blueberry time and we went picking last weekend. Blueberries are Ethan's favorite and he eats a lot while picking. Earl eats quite a few while picking too. Tyson and Allison pick, but don't eat too many. It was a quick picking trip; we only picked 8 pounds of blueberries. We have one bowl left in the fridge so it looks like we will be heading back to the bushes soon. Good thing the berry patch is just up the road!

2 comments:

Bec said...

Wow Jen, you are so domestic! I've never made any freezer jams or yummy raspberry syrups!

foxontherun said...

If you need anyone to take some of that jam off your hands I'm happy to oblige.