
Our first morning in Seaside was very overcast and windy, so we decided to make a day trip up to Astoria. Apparently, many movies have been filmed in this small town. The most famous of the bunch is Goonies. This year marked its 25th anniversary and there was a big celebration the weekend before we were there. I guess a lot of die hard Goonies fans come here for such events so I'm glad we missed it. I don't know how this town can function with thousands of extra people driving around. We also saw the elementary school where Kindergarten Cop was filmed. Earl was very excited doing his own self-guided tour of the city.

The Goonies house

We also climbed the Astoria Column. I don't remember how tall it was, but we climbed 160+ steps on a very narrow staircase to get to the top. Not as easy as it sounds with three kids while passing other sightseers going up and down.


Ethan and Tyson at the top. You can see we are pretty high by how small the cars are in the background.
1 comment:
Goonies is one of Jon's all time favorite movies! How fun to visit a place where so many movies have been filmed! I'm sure Earl was a great tour guide!
Post a Comment