This was one of the front page headlines in today's Oregonian. I couldn't agree more. This rain is ridiculous. I missed the month of May in the blogging world. Maybe it's because I feel like it's still January. We just finished the third wettest May on record and are on day 18 of consecutive rainfall. The weathermen want to promise that streak will continue to at least 20. Lucky us. I know Oregon is known for rain, but again, this is ridiculous. Usually at this time of year I am walking (not driving) the kids home from school, enjoying Ethan's baseball games while working on my farmer's tan, and letting the kids play for hours outside. Not so this year and I'm getting cranky. I'm not even asking for warm weather. Just some days to dry out before summer starts would be nice. So yes this California girl will concede the win...throw in the towel...raise my white flag...whatever it takes to get this rain to move elsewhere. Here's hoping the sun will come out...tomorrow.
3 comments:
Did you get rained on when you went camping? I don't think there's anything worse than camping in the rain! And to think you want us to move there, this is not a good selling point!
I was so depressed this winter as I had never seen so much rain as we got here in the Bay Area. However, I think you have it much, much worse, and for that I am so very sorry! I heard it was still raining up there and I really hope it clears up for you soon. I agree, I don't even care if it's warm, just not wet!
So glad you had such a relaxing vacation at the beach. The motel sounds alot better than tents, but I'm old. Hope the rest of your summer is as much fun for all of you.
Post a Comment