I always think it's sad when Halloween is over and the very next day Christmas stuff is out on the store shelves. What about Thanksgiving?! Actually, I think I saw some Christmas stuff out before Halloween this year... next year it might be out with the back to school stuff, who knows! I was ready to blog about some December/Christmas stuff and realized I had nothing posted for Thanksgiving. Shame on me. I love Thanksgiving. I love it because it isn't commercialized like just about every other holiday you can imagine. It's low stress, no presents and good food. All my favorites. This year we went spent Thanksgiving with Earl's side of the family. We ate food, played games and ate more food. The younger kids wrestled with the older cousins with very little fighting. All in all a good family get together. Of course, I forgot my camera so no pictures of the day. Allison created a "thankful box" at activity days the week before Thanksgiving. Everyday each member of our family wrote something they were thankful for on a slip of paper and put it in the box. On Thanksgiving, Allison opened the box and read all of the things we wrote down during the week. We are so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. I'm glad there is a day set aside for us to give thanks, even if the stores would like to forget about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment