Friday, May 8, 2009

We're Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo. . .

Actually, we went to the zoo. Ethan's kindergarten class had their big zoo field trip today. Earl was able to take the day off so he came along with me and Tyson. It was very chilly, but I am happy it was dry. It rained all week and today was the first sunny day. We joined Ethan with his group from school. He was in a group with two other boys. Add 3 year old Tyson and that's quite a group. It is hard following boys around the zoo. I felt like they were running from one exhibit to another. Earl and I tried our best to point out any interesting things we saw to help slow the boys down. Needless to say, I had trouble getting any pictures. Ethan did like following the map to find where we were, so looking at that kept him walking instead of running. We had a fun time. I assumed Ethan would just ride home with us when the field trip was over, but given the choice he picked riding the school bus back to school. He is very independent and just left with his group back to the bus.

Ethan on a "horse" in the farm animal area. Ethan is wearing his zoo shirt that he painted at school just for this trip.

Tyson and Ethan watching the sea lions. The sea lions are huge!


Ethan and Tyson sitting with the penguins. The penguin exhibit is so stinky!


This is the Oregon Zoo's newest baby elephant, Sam. I forget how old he is, but he is so cute.


Ethan trying out the elephant size tricycle. Tyson is helping push the pedals.

No comments: