Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Play Ball!

Ethan had his first official t-ball game last night. Again this year it's noncompetitive. There are no outs and no score and every player hits each inning. The players advance one base per hit. I was hoping for a little more competition than last year, but the rules are basically the same. And I could understand why after the first hit of the game. The opposing team was an all girls team and the first girl to bat ran to 3rd base instead of 1st. So I guess this age group is still learning the basics. I will say Ethan's team made some good plays at first base. Ethan just loves playing baseball. He's a pretty good hitter off the tee, but he's better when he gets a pitch. In future games, if the coaches agree, they can pitch instead of using the tee. We'll see. Ethan's on a team with 2 friends from church and he's having fun. I guess that's all that matters.





1 comment:

DavidandMariAnn said...

I remember t-ball and coach pitch days!! =) It gets better. I promise!