Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Allison!







Today Allison turned 8 years old! I can't believe we have a child that old. My how time flies. She celebrated today with many of her favorite foods - blueberry muffins at breakfast, frosted sugar cookie treats at school with lunch, tortellini for dinner, and chocolate cake and frosting for dessert. We just celebrated her birthday at home with our family. When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday, she told me money for clothes and earrings. I think she's a little young for that kind of wish list. Again, it's the girly stuff she loves - clothes and accessories. I bought her an "A" necklace, headband/bracelet making set, and a makeup bag for all her "lip smackers and nail polish" (another thing on her wish list). Earl stopped on his way home from work to get her a pink and purple baseball mitt and glove. Just what every girl needs to go with her headbands and nail polish!


Thank you to all our family and friends for calling on Allison's birthday (even our home teacher called). Our phone has never rang so much in a few hours time. At one point, she had calls on our home phone and my cell phone at the same time! When the phone would ring, Allison said "Not again!" She acted like she didn't like the attention, but I know she did. Thanks for helping her feel special!


We're so excited for her baptism at the end of this month. Allison, we are so proud of you for making this decision and hope you remember your 8th birthday as an important time in your life. We love you! Happy Birthday Allison!

4 comments:

Steven & Adrienne said...

Happy Birthday Allison. I know how you feel, it is crazy to think we are old enough to have 8 year olds!! And that is exciting that she will be baptized at the end of the month. And she sounds just like my little girl (who is only 6) and into all the same stuff as Allison. What a beautiful girl she is.

Laci said...

Happy Birthday Allison! You sure are looking grown up these days :) We hope you had a great day......sounds like you did!! We miss you!

Bec said...

Jen, I look at Allison's pics and I see a little YOU. Pretty girlie! Happy Birthday!

Kari said...

Oh my goodness! My how she has grown.
Yes, she is the perfect mini-Jennifer with a little bit of Earl in that smile. What a beautiful, girly girl.
Happy 8th birthday!