Monday, September 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Earl!

Today is Earl's birthday! He turned 33 years young (as he likes to say). We didn't do anything too exciting. Earl went to work and the kids had school. We did go out to dinner to Red Robin. This has become a family tradition since the restaurant opened a couple years ago. We've gone there for everyone's birthday. The kids love to eat there and it's really the only family friendly restaurant in Sherwood. The kids and I baked Earl's favorite flavor cake, chocolate with white frosting. And he opened our present. It was a dvd he's been wanting although the kids didn't realize he had already opened it and watched it the night before! Earl also ordered himself a new watch off the shopNBC channel. He is obsessed with watching this channel when they are selling watches. I find it very boring, but he thinks the watches are great. So he bought his own birthday present. At least we know he'll like it!

3 comments:

Vegasarnolds said...

You are so old Earl!! Sorry we missed your birthday! I forgot to ask what you did for his birthday when I talked to the other day! I love that he watched the movie the night before he opened it! That sounds like something I would do! Happy Belated Birthday Earl!

DavidandMariAnn said...

Hey Jen! It's your cousin MariAnn! Sooooo fun to see your cute family! I've just recently got into the blogging thing and find it so fun to stumble across families blogs that were linked from others! Our blog had to be set to private so send us you e-mail address to notcreative@juno.com and we'll send you an invite so you can view our blog if you'd like.

Julianne said...

I'm so glad Earl FINALLY ordered himself a watch. He's been watching that channel since the first time we went to visit you. Hope he had a Happy Birthday!

Andy turned 33 this year too and Braden told him that he was so lucky because he got two 3's.