Sunday, September 7, 2008

Ethan's turn. . .


Well, our little boy is off to kindergarten. Ethan had his first official day last Thursday. He has been so excited and ready for this day. I'm glad he has a late birthday so he gets to be one of the older kids in the class, but waiting has been hard for him. He has continued to amaze us with his math skills all summer and he is ready to be in school everyday. Ethan is pretty independent so there were no tears or hesitations with going to class the first two days. I remember Allison went through a sad spell after the first week of school when she went to kindergarten. We'll see how this week goes for Ethan since this will be the first full 5 day week for him. I did manage to get him to wear a newer shirt on this first day, but the next day (Friday) he was back to old t-shirts and ripped shorts. That is a nice thing with boys getting ready in the morning for school-he doesn't really care what he wears and his hair is always done the same way! Ethan is actually in afternoon kindergarten so he doesn't have to be ready for school too early. I even let him watch some tv after Allison leaves in the morning. Next year will be tough when he has to be up, ready and out the door for 8am school!

1 comment:

Vegasarnolds said...

Ethan and Carson sound like they have a lot in common! Carson is always telling me what numbers add up to and he always wants to wear his old clothes, regardless of whether his shirt matches his shorts! I guess boys will be boys!