Today was Allison's first day of school. She is in second grade and her teacher's name is Mrs. Englund. Earl is away hunting for the week, so I took Allison to school with the boys in tow. I don't think I took her the first day of school last year because I don't remember it being so crowded. Earl must have taken her last year. Anyway, we got through the busy parking lot and made it to class on time. We went to supply night last week, so we had already met her teacher. She seems very nice. When I asked Allison what her favorite part of her first day of school was, she said there were too many to tell. I guess that's a good sign. She did say that she likes having 2 recesses. I think that has been her favorite part of school every year since kindergarten. Ethan had a kindergarten "orientation" today. His official first day of school is Thursday. I'll post pictures of him then. I can already see a big difference between boys and girls. Allison has her whole week's worth of school outfits picked out with the new clothes we bought a few weeks back. Today Ethan wanted to wear an old t-shirt and ripped shorts. He told me he would wear a new shirt on his real first day of school.
Count your many blessings
13 years ago
2 comments:
Happy first day of school guys! That will be a great feeling having two in school, Jen. Can't believe they are getting that big. We can't wait to see you all at thanksgiving. Give the kids all big hugs & kisses for us.
Allison looks so grown up! I love that she is so concerned with her accessories! Have fun year in second grade!
Post a Comment