I seem to remember the past few summers that we have lived in Portland to be hot. But I guess I was wrong. Apparently, Portland has only hit 100 or more degrees 30 times in the last 20 years. We have had a mild summer until this past week. We were close to having three 100+ degree days in a row which rarely happens here. Thursday and Friday were over 100 but Saturday we only made it to 99. That's still hot for us. I don't know how you people in hot areas deal with that kind of heat on a daily basis! We spent Thursday outside in the evening with the slip n slide. Tyson doesn't really slide, he just likes to drink the water. Ethan prefers to go on his knees which looks a little painful to me. Then we took the kids to the pool on Friday. Our kids have really gotten comfortable in the water this summer. We discovered goggles that fit Ethan and Allison and now they are little fish underwater holding their breath and looking for treasures at the bottom of the pool. Even Tyson is not scared to walk from the shallow end of the pool to the deep end; it just scares me and we have to keep a close eye on him. He also likes to wear goggles that look so funny on him. Too bad I don't take the camera to the pool.
Count your many blessings
13 years ago
1 comment:
I don't know how us crazy ones in Pheonix & LV do it either. It's just to dang hot. Especially when we are sending our kids back to school in 110 heat. We are totally crazy. But the winters in Pheonix make up for it. They are the best. Give the kids big hugs for us. Love you all.
Post a Comment