Sorry, no pictures for this post. Earl didn't have the camera with him for the overnight trip, but I'm not sure he would have taken any pictures (see Fishing post). So I'm writing this for Allison since she likes reading all our family blogs. Anyway, Allison and Earl went with our ward on the daddy daughter campout this past weekend. Allison is always so excited about this, but I don't think our ward has done one for the past two years. This year it was up at Mount Hood. It's not "roughing" it, but they did sleep in a tent and eat a burnt breakfast. They went with a family Earl hometeaches who has two girls. They had a good time watching movies in the car and swimming nonstop up at camp. I'm glad Allison got some time to herself with Earl away from her brothers. I think I ask her to check on, help, play with or read to Ethan and Tyson too much, so it was good for her to be the only kid from our family up there. Earl said he would like to take the whole family back for camping, even though I joked that it wasn't "real camping" if there's an indoor swimming pool and a restuarant on site. He gives me a hard time about the way my family camped growing up-a motor home at the beach. We'll see if we get a camping trip in before summer is over.
1 comment:
Sounds like they had a fun time! Jon and I have both talked about taking our kids camping and Jon teases me about my idea of camping too! He says that going to the beach in a motor home is NOT camping, neither is girls camp with cabins and a pool! Isn't it about the memories anyway?
Post a Comment