
Ethan turned eight and was baptized. His baptism wasn't just on any Saturday. He was baptized on Saturday, November 13th - his 8th birthday. Now Ethan will always be able to remember the date of his baptism. Hopefully, he will also remember the day. Aunt Jill gave the talk on baptism and Grandma McCune gave the Holy Ghost talk. Allison played "When I Am Baptized" on the piano. Ethan was baptized and confirmed by his dad. Lots of family and friends were there. It was a great day.

Papa and Grandma McCune flew into Portland the Monday before the baptism and spent the whole week with us. We had so much fun - bowling, going to the movies, playing lots of games, shopping. We even did some only-in-Oregon things like playing at Mudpuddles, touring a submarine at OMSI, and eating sweet potato fries at Burgerville. We are so glad they could visit and participate in Ethan's special day.

After the baptism all our extended family came over to our house for dinner and presents. Ethan received lots of fun gifts, including his own set of scriptures.

It was really hectic at our house with all the cousins running around and playing. We didn't even sing "Happy birthday" to Ethan that night or have him blow out candles. So on Sunday we invited some friends over for cupcakes. We sang to Ethan and he got to blow out his eight candles. I'm not very creative with cake decorating, so this "8" of cupcakes is as good as it gets. Happy Birthday Ethan!
1 comment:
It was a great baptism and Ethan looked so happy! The talks were wonderful. I am glad I was able to be there. Ethan is a great kid! I will miss having him in class. How did his talk go?
Post a Comment