Sunday, February 1, 2009

She wants holes in her ears. . .

Allison has been wanting to get her ears pierced for a long time (since her cousins have gotten them pierced). I told her when she turned 8 she could get them pierced. I figured if she was old enough to choose to get baptized she is old enough to take care of her ears. Technically, she's not 8 for another week, but yesterday was the best day for us to go without her brothers. We are pretty busy the next few weekends. Anyway, she was so excited all last week until I burst her bubble right before we were going to leave. I didn't know what she was expecting and I wanted her to know it was going to hurt a little. She got a little worried and said she just wanted to go buy earrings and get her ears pierced later. I said "no" and we were only going to the mall if she was going to get her ears pierced. After a little encouragement she decided she still wanted to go through with it. So off we went to Claire's. I could tell she was nervous sitting in the chair, but the lady was so nice and it all happened really fast. No tears! Allison said it felt like a hole punch - I'm not sure what that means! She picked out little CZ earrings for her piercing and then I let her pick out a couple other pairs of earrings for later. Now she just has to wait the 6 weeks before she can change them. I can tell she is going to be one of those girls who spends all her money on jewelry. She loved Claire's - all the accessories! I'm so glad I have a girly girl!

8 comments:

Maike said...

Wow Allison, you got earrings. Good job not crying.
Hey Jen, maybe you would like to have my girly girl too? Maybe for all the girly stuff...You can't have her all the time because-although she has decided that only blonde girls/women are pretty-she tells me that I'm beautiful.

Kurt, Christine and kids said...

We are so excited for her. Now I know exactly what to send her for her baptism/birthday. We just got back from Madelyn's and Katie is so excited for her big day. We can't wait to hear all about Allison's. Love you guys!
xoxoxo
The jensen gang

Laci said...

We can't wait to see pictures!! It's so fun to be a girl! Tell Allison that our girls are excited to see all her new earrings! Way to be brave Allison!

DavidandMariAnn said...

I'm still BEGGING Darbilyn to get hers done!! I am mostly joking with her when I give her a hard time about it! Whenever she's ready! =)
Way to go Allison!

Vegasarnolds said...

We went to get Madelyn's ears pierced on Friday night, but she chickened out! She has been talking about doing it for weeks, but this last week she asked me what it felt like. I told her the truth, it would be like a little shot that stings for a second. Once she heard the word shot she was done! But she told me she still wanted to go to Target and see if they had earrings! What a crazy girl!

Kari said...

Aw, that's so cute. I'm glad you have a girly girl to do stuff with too.

Anne said...

Hi Jennifer, this is Anne Blaschke, from Lompoc? How are you? I hope it is okay that I found your blog--I just linked up with both your brother Jason and Kari-Lynn Christensen on facebook and she said this was the best way to reach you. I just wanted to say hello and see how things are going with you! Your kids are adorable, that is cute that your daughter got her ears pierced. What have you been up to since last we caught up (which was probably at Ellen and Julianne's high school graduation!)? I am doing well, I live in Boston, am in grad school, and am getting married in October. My family still lives in Lompoc, some of them still on St. Andrews! Anyway, I would love to get back in touch if you'd be up for it. My email is: blaschke@bu.edu, and I have a facebook profile that is findeable through people I'm sure you'd be in contact with on there if you ever touch base with old classmates that way. Hope you're well! All best wishes, Anne

Anonymous said...

I am glad you found me! :) Wow the kids have gotten so big! They are all 3 so cute! Girls are so fun to do stuff like this! And shop with :)